Monday, January 7, 2008

Dulles Greenway is also retarded

The toll rates on the Dulles Greenway is just as silly as the toll collection methods of its sister highway, the Dulles Toll Road. I drove on the Dulles Greenway the other day, and was surprised to be charged $3.30. What an odd fee. Not only does this make toll collection labor intensive, but it's also such an odd number that it would seem unlikely that anyone would have exact change, effectively slowing down traffic at the toll booths.

To make matters worse, at $3.50, the weekday toll is higher than the weekend toll. I can see the reasoning behind this, but it would only seem to make traveling on the road more confusing than it should be.

Personally, I'd rather see the weekday toll at $4, and the weekend toll drop to $3. But that's just me. You see, I have this thing for nice, round numbers.

No comments: